Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Brick Wall Of BOA Jerk-Offs


The hallmark of a bully is that even when faced with mounds of contrary evidence and being completely called out, they still resort to strong-arm tactics and irrationality. Welcome to the BOA family...

This is a letter i have written to BOA:

Hello:

The following is about a very unpleasant experience I have had with your company. I have seemed to hit a brick wall. I hope you can help.

My Bank of America nightmare began when my husband deposited a $3,000 check at the ATM. As soon as he deposited the check, the screen read something like "there MAY be a hold." So I waited a few days and when I checked our online account, the full amount was IN the "available balance." And so I began paying my bills and you know, doing silly things like oh..buying food for my family and paying a dentist bill.

Three entire days after I began paying my bills, BOA pulled the money from my account- placing a hold on it. I was immediately in the red.

I initially had ten overdraft fees. I called BOA and received an apology; and told that BOA would remove the hold immediately. The hold was not removed until almost a week later, resulting in three different sets of overdraft fees and three bounced checks. By the way, the check that was being held was from one of the biggest retailers inthe country! It was NOT a personal check.

I was charged a total of $55 for the returned checks. The supervisor I spoke with assured me that BOA would refund my fees and write an apology letter. Although, the apology letter would take a full ten business days to be mailed out.

I rec'd the apology letter, but not the check fees. Enter F.R.

F.R. is a BOA CSR out of Richmond, Va. She asked me to explain why I thought they owed me any fees. I explained from start to finish. And she informed me that, no, BOA would not refund these fees. I once again began to explain that I had already been given the okay by a supervisor along with an apology. She began arguing with me. "Let me just explain this to you again," I said.

And with that, a CLICK. She hung up on me.

Finally, a supervisor called me- a W.F. out of West Virginia. But instead of helping, he pushed me over the edge. He told me that he saw no evidence of any apology letter, and that if I even recieved one, that the apology letter was an error. And so I refuse to do anything else except to mail this letter. I am drained; I am outraged; and I am through with Bank of America.

The following is an excerpt from my conversation with Mr. F. Because I could not believe what I was hearing, I decided to (legally) record the rest of the conversation.
(I am in black, he is in blue.)
[our note: we don't have black/blue, so BOA is in italics]
“I was told that if you were going to “pend” the check, it would have been pending first and then it would have gone through, not that you could put it into my account and then many days later, take it back out and you’re telling me that this is normal business practice..that BOA does this?”
“Any financial institution can place a hold at any time after the deposit.”
“After showing me that the funds are available, you can take it back out..at any time without notifying me?”
“Yes ma’am we can.”
“I just want to get this right…because if you guys send me an apology letter apologizing to me, and now I have a supervisor- you- telling me that the apology for the error was an error, I just want to make sure that I get this all right…this is funny.”
“Well I’m sorry you think it’s hilarious,”
“Yeah, what was hilarious was getting three bounced check fees.”
“Then let me ask you another question: Why did you guys reimburse me those ten overdraft fees??”
“Someone felt that it might have been a bank error, but I see no evidence of bank error.”
“No body is on the same page at BOA. I want to know when I am going to get my money back.”
“You’re telling me that the apology letter was an error.”
“I actually see no evidence of you receiving an apology letter.”
“Do you want me to read it to you? I have it right here. Let me get this straight, you are telling me the apology error was a mistake …”
“You’re a supervisor and how are you helping this situation?”
“I’m giving you the correct information.”
“The last person told me they were giving me the correct information, so they told me something different than you told me. How do I know what is correct and what is incorrect? As the consumer, how do I figure out who is telling me the truth if every time I call I’m being told different things.”
“We are sending you a letter. You need to give us proof where you paid a third party those fees and we will reverse this only as a courtesy.”
“Why would you reimburse it if it wasn’t your mistake then?”
“We will only do that as a courtesy. You’re more than welcome to believe whatever you feel is necessary.”
“I’m believing what you guys have told me. What are you talking about?”
“You’re more than welcome to believe it.”
“Was there any further questions?”

“I want to know why you don’t see this apology letter in my file.”
“We don’t keep files like that.”
“Well that might be part of the problem here.”
“Was there any further questions?”
“Yeah, I want to know when I am going to get my money back.”
“When you receive the letter..”
“So now I have to wait for the letter.”
“How long is it going to take once you guys receive my documentation?”
“Within 10 business days.”
“Well how do I get in touch with your supervisor?”
“You don’t.”
And that pretty much ended the phone call that I received on October 15, 2006.
I have dubbed this experience, “The Bank of America Nightmare,” on my blog. Feel free to read for yourself at www.faithinflorida.blogspot.com . Please see my October 15th entry title whatelse? “Bank of America nightmare.” And please read all the comments I have received from this. I’d like to post your response and resolution to this situation. I think it is only fair. Also see my complaint filed at www.ripoffreport.com. At this point, I am not calling you anymore. I am not sending you anymore letters. I am not doing another single thing.
It is in your hands. Do not ask me to send documentation- as one rep. told me- proving that these fees have been charged to me. You need to do your own homework. I have given you the names and contact information for the three businesses that charged me. You call them and ask what they charge for bounced check fees. You have on file, copies of the checks that bounced (thanks!)
And please do not thank me for being a part of the BOA family again. This is not what family feels like; not to me. I want my $55 back. But please know that it’s not even about the money anymore; it is about how I have been mistreated.
There is definitely a glitch in your system. First I was told it would take 10 business days to receive the apology letter; then 5 business days to process the information; then 10 business days to receive another letter requesting documentation; and now another 10 business days to actually be reimbursed. But to top it off, I am being told that the apology letter for your error- which there is apparently no evidence of- was actually an error. Get it together, BOA.

Please let me know if this is indeed standard policy. If this is truly your policy, I'd like to make other consumers aware of this, and take my business elsewhere.

UPDATE on 10/16/06:
Today, I received a letter today telling me that we have been referred to TELECHECK for writing a bad check. Now if I try to write another check, my check can be refused based on BOA's mistake!!! I am calling Telecheck to get this cleared up right now. Hopefully they have better customer service than BOA. It's a good thing I never lost that apology from BOA. Right now, it's like gold; especially since they are telling me the letter was an error.

Do you understand the hell that I am going through because of your mistake?!

Absolutely I do Suzy. I wish I could post the names of the people you dealt with so we could all call them and ruin their days like they ruin ours, but I don't think I legally can. In any case, I hope you got things sorted out. Looks like they did to you with checks what they did with my credit. But the phone run-around and good-cop/bad-cop routine is the same. Seriously, Eff them. I'm getting mad just thinking about it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Search the internet to see those who have similar problem as us. Please read http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=38147

We have an appointment with a lawyer tomorrow morning.

Tue Jun 24, 02:50:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I was a BOA employee who was reading all these posts, I would certainly contemplate suicide.

Tue Oct 18, 06:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger oakleyses said...

chanel handbags, christian louboutin uk, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, kate spade outlet, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, nike air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry handbags, tiffany jewelry, polo outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike outlet, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, replica watches, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, nike free, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, christian louboutin shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton outlet

Tue Mar 08, 07:04:00 PM PST  
Blogger oakleyses said...

true religion outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, ralph lauren uk, mulberry uk, michael kors outlet, michael kors, hollister pas cher, hollister uk, polo lacoste, nike air max uk, converse pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, nike blazer pas cher, north face, nike air force, ray ban uk, true religion outlet, nike roshe, nike free uk, replica handbags, longchamp pas cher, lululemon canada, sac longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike air max uk, jordan pas cher, kate spade, ray ban pas cher, timberland pas cher, louboutin pas cher, oakley pas cher, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, north face uk, true religion jeans, sac hermes, guess pas cher, hogan outlet, michael kors, new balance, nike roshe run uk, michael kors pas cher, true religion outlet, burberry pas cher, nike free run, coach outlet store online, nike tn, coach outlet, air max, vans pas cher

Tue Mar 08, 07:07:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want to shear a life changing story with everyone who cares to read this testimony. Blank atm cards are real and are effective all over the world. my name is Gorge Judy i live in SPAIN . I got this card from [skylink technology] a month ago. this card has really help me pay my debts and now i am free from all financial problems. I no this is hard to believe , but i never knew there was this kind of card until i got one. This card withdraw more than €6000 daily and it is very easy to use. But you have to be very careful in other not to be caught by the police because it is illegal. If you want more information on this card and how to get one just contact the hackers by this address
skylinktechnes@yahoo.com or whatsapp +1(213)328–0248

Fri Nov 08, 11:11:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home