Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Honest Folks Finish Last At BOA


Folks this is a long one, but it's really good and Katrina's problems give you a great idea on how this company works. Definitely worth the time...

"Oh my God I can't believe there is a whole blog on how much they suck. I thought it was me! Here's our story...

In early September my husband and I received a check in the amount of $3229.45, we deposited it in our account through the ATM on Friday night and proceeded to pay bills and so on. Well, Monday morning came along, and I logged into my online banking and BAM: 6 overdraft charges. And why? Because BOA chooses how they process transactions; they chose to process all our debits (which in no way added up to our deposit) in front of our very large deposit (which came before the debits) and hit us with overdraft charges. As I looked down the page ... hmmm, no deposit. I was livid and sent my husband to the bank (I would have gotten myself arrested). The teller promptly apologized, refunded us the charges, and then took the deposit out of the ATM and processed it as a counter credit in the form of cash. So I think, "OK great, BOA is a decent bank." ... hahaha...

Tuesday comes along, I check my account and to my surprise another deposit of $3229.45 which brings my account to well over $7000.00 (including money already in there). I showed my husband and he went to the bank yet again to let them know we had a double deposit. BOA said no problem we will handle it and that amount will be out of your account in 2 days. So 2 days passes with agony because of course I want to say screw you BOA I'm going to spend it for the many times my deposits and debits disappeared then reappeared and the many overdraft fees you charged me before this incident for no reason, but my husband was the voice of reason and we left it alone.

Well on the 3rd day it was still there. My husband went to the bank again and this time she said I informed the ATM department and they know so it's up to them. Oh great so now we are stuck trying to figure out our balance. We never use cash and in our account the money is in-out, in-out, in-out. My husband and I make deposits and debits with out informing each other and this system works for us. Well now I'm transferring this supposed bank mistake out of out main account into our secondary account to try to make the numbers work, they never worked out. We never figured out our balance and it was a constant battle. The bills that I scheduled months in advance and knew were covered, somehow on paper were not covered with that money out of the account. So I told my husband they must have taken this double deposit out when they said they were going to. So now I transfer it back again and decide "Hey screw it I'm paying my bills and it's there mistake so let them deal with the consequences if they didn't take it out."

Ok this brings us to October 4, 2005. In the mail there is a letter from BOA and it reads like this:

Amount: $3229.45
Claim # *********SEP05
Account Number ending in: ****

Dear Blah Blah

We sincerely thank you for notifying us of the credit that posted to your account in error. In light of this information, your account was debited $3229.45 on October 3, 2005. Bank of America appreciates your business and values you as a customer. If we may assist you in the future do not hesitate to call.

ATM/Debit Card Operations DEPC01

OK see the "was debited" right? ... Well today is November 8, 2005 and I receive a phone call from my upset husband "Katrina we have a huge problem, check the account". I check the account and there are 7 negative items that were cleared between Nov. 5-7 (I checked the account yesterday they were cleared then, not pending) And now my account is negative and BOA squeezed a credit correction in before them in the amount of $3229.45! OMG It is well over 2 months of this, after a letter that told us in black and white 1 month and 4 days ago that it was already taken care of. Oh and the $433.00 deposit we made yesterday mysteriously disappeared from yesterday's register. Why wasn't their "credit correction" in pending? Why did they send me a letter saying it was taken out? Why do they think they can put that "correction" before my already cleared items and charge me overdraft charges? Who is going to pay my bills now that my account is negative $3223? And a phone call to them today produced this..."We can't help you, it wasn't taken out, you will have to go to a branch to sort it out, you got a letter really?, well your going to have to prove it."

OMG I definitely have the letter and I definitely am not eating that 3229.45 ... We tried to be honest and still got screwed. I will be closing all 3 accounts I have with [BOA]. And according to the NYS Banking Commission you were supposed to inform us of the "set back charges" along with a reason. You did not because otherwise we would have produced this letter then. What would have been your reason anyway? ... The moron behind the desk that should have done it but didn't and sent me a letter anyway will have to eat it! I WILL TAKE THIS TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW. You cannot do this to people and then say too bad.

That is our story and I really, really hope you post it because what they are doing to me is just plain wrong and I want people to know how bad they blow. BOA is apparently notorious for this stuff too bad I didn't find your blog before I opened up my accounts with them. Thank you for your blog!

Thank you so much (PS) We are going to the branch tomorrow."

Being honest about their error and it came back & bit y'all in the ass, huh? That sucks bigtime. That'd be like finding someone's wallet, calling them up to return it, and meeting up with them only to find that they've brought a posse to beat the crap out of you and steal your wallet too. Good luck, Katrina!

And this is a reminder to folks out there, if you get screwed, do something about it. Write every website you can (see our links). Call every consumer watchdog in the media. Make it hurt them. And for future reference remember: You can't play nice with a cheat.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOA should rot in hell. They suck.

Tue Jul 18, 07:20:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a checking and savings account at B of A, in Mira Mesa, California, for 10 years untill I moved to Montana where there are no local branchs. I closed my account in August 2007, reconciled the amount they said I owed them in my final statement in Sept. 2007. This amount was $4.34 which I sent them immediatly.

Now in October of 2009 I discover they placed a Negative on my Trans Union Credit Report claiming I owe them $99.

This is 2 years after closing the account, I NEVER received a letter or statement after September 2007. They had my new address and I spoke with my branch in September of 2007 and they said all was fine.

Now I spent 3 days trying to get this resolved and I get the run around from my old branch, their regional office, and their recovery division.

If I still had a checking or savings with them I would close it now, but I don't so I recomend that everyone stay away from B of A!!!

FYI: I've also had many problems with their Credit Card that I'm still paying off. - Stay away from that also!!!

apetrash@fineart-world.com

Mon Nov 02, 04:54:00 PM PST  
Blogger John said...

coach factory outlet
uggs on sale
coach outlet
chanel handbags
gucci handbags
michael kors outlet
ugg boots
ugg australia
cheap jordans
ugg boots
ray ban sunglasses
true religion jeans
coach outlet store online
christian louboutin outlet
ugg boots
michaek kors outlet
retro jordans
ray ban outlet
hollister uk
ugg boots
polo ralph lauren outlet
ugg boots on sale
ugg slippers
ugg boots on sale
burberry outlet
gucci outlet
pandora jewelry
michael kors outlet
air max 95
oakley sunglasses
swarovski jewelry
20151215yuanyuan

Mon Dec 14, 10:48:00 PM PST  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-29keyun
air max 95
jordan 11
michael kors handbags
nfl jerseys wholesale
ralph lauren outlet
tods sale
cheap oakley sunglasses
gucci handbgs
louis vuitton outlet
canada goose outlet online
retro 11
ugg boots
christian louboutin shoes
air max 95
oakley sunglasses wholesale
michaek kors
christian louboutin shoes
fake oakley sunglasses
discount ugg boots
true religion jeans outlet
tiffany jewelry
louis vuitton purses
prada
oakley store
cheap uggs
north face
burberry sale
ray-ban sunglasses
coach outlet
coach outlet online
mont blanc pens
ugg australia outlet
tory burch boots
michael kors outlet
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbags
ugg boots
michael kors outlet store
coach outlet
coach factory outlet online

Mon Dec 28, 09:53:00 PM PST  
Blogger oakleyses said...

chanel handbags, christian louboutin uk, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, kate spade outlet, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, nike air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry handbags, tiffany jewelry, polo outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike outlet, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, replica watches, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, nike free, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, christian louboutin shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton outlet

Tue Mar 08, 06:47:00 PM PST  
Blogger oakleyses said...

true religion outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, ralph lauren uk, mulberry uk, michael kors outlet, michael kors, hollister pas cher, hollister uk, polo lacoste, nike air max uk, converse pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, nike blazer pas cher, north face, nike air force, ray ban uk, true religion outlet, nike roshe, nike free uk, replica handbags, longchamp pas cher, lululemon canada, sac longchamp pas cher, coach purses, nike air max uk, jordan pas cher, kate spade, ray ban pas cher, timberland pas cher, louboutin pas cher, oakley pas cher, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, north face uk, true religion jeans, sac hermes, guess pas cher, hogan outlet, michael kors, new balance, nike roshe run uk, michael kors pas cher, true religion outlet, burberry pas cher, nike free run, coach outlet store online, nike tn, coach outlet, air max, vans pas cher

Tue Mar 08, 06:47:00 PM PST  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, canada goose, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora uk, canada goose outlet, converse, toms shoes, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, ray ban, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, nike air max, louis vuitton, moncler, hollister, ugg, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, canada goose jackets, ugg pas cher, karen millen uk, replica watches, moncler outlet, gucci, canada goose, louis vuitton, barbour, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, hollister, ugg uk, coach outlet, thomas sabo, supra shoes, pandora charms, swarovski, barbour uk, links of london, converse outlet, canada goose uk, montre pas cher, canada goose, swarovski crystal, vans, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, lancel, doudoune moncler

Tue Mar 08, 06:47:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no pleasure in being poor, you have to be competittive change your financial status now with the help of the Blank ATM Card that has no trace or risk, it will give your life a meaning,withdraw up to $2500 daily,so you can be able to pay your billswith no need for a loan and provide for your family. This Blank ATM card is a programmed card that has the ability to break into any ATM machine in the world and rendering all CCTV useless when making withdrawal contact a reliable and dependable COMPANY today via email:
davidbenjaminltd@outlook.com

Wed Jul 05, 02:36:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Obat Alami untuk Menghentikan Menstruasi Berkepanjangan said...

Thank you for sharing an interesting and very useful article. And let me share an article about health here I believe this is useful. Thank you :)

Obat Keloid Menahun
Cara Mengobati Konjungtivitis (radang mata) secara Alami
Cara Mengobati Kencing Nanah (Gonore) dengan Daun Sirih
Obat Polip Telinga Alami Tanpa Operasi
Obat Penghancur Kista Ovarium
Obat Nyeri Tumit Tradisional
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Tipes Super Ampuh

Mon Aug 13, 01:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lutfi Kurniawan said...

만약에 내가 간다면 내가 다가간다면 넌 어떻게 생각할까 용길 낼 수 없고

Cara Menghilangkan Cairan Di Paru
Obat Ambeien
Cara mengatasi Infeksi Saluran Kemih
Obat Radang Usus Kronis
Obat Mata Glaukoma
Obat Fistula Ani

Mon Jan 07, 12:11:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home