Monday, March 27, 2006

Customer Service By Any Other Name...


Thanks VERY MUCH to Susan who sent the following story which was not only unique, but funny, well-written, and it came with links! It's a whole new way BOA refuses to care...

"After finding fraudulent charges on my checking account, my first instinct was to call customer service. After waiting for 30 minutes, the agent told me to call the number listed on the charge. No offer to investigate the charges, or why they had posted on my checking account, nothing.

So my question is, if the onus is on the customer to investigate, dispute, and resolve fraudulent charges, why does customer service even exist? BOA would save even more money, if they just fired the entire customer service department.

For all the other BS charges that are made to my BOA account for "service fees" I frankly expect more from a company that purports to have "Higher Standards." I've never disputed anything on my account before, and their response actually kind of shocked me - until I saw your blog!

Thanks, it makes me feel better to know that I'm not alone!"

No, thank you Susan. It's a special little club we're all in, and you added to it. In fact, I recently found a blog about a business I was about to order something from and for once learned about bad dealings BEFORE I got caught up in them. So, if we can all do that for even 1 person, this blog will have been worth it.

3 Comments:

Blogger chrisdwrn said...

BOA has charged me a monthly service fee on my Keep the Change Account for at least 18 months. The checking account in which the savings account is linked to, is one that I use as a vacation savings account. When I opened the account in California in 2006, I was told that there were no fees for the Keep the Change account. I admit that I rarely opened the savings statement as I used these accounts minimally. When I contacted customer service today to close this account, they stated that I should have never been charged these fees and that they could remove 2 of the charges but that I would have to contact the branch manager at the facility in which I originally opened the account. When I spoke to the branch manager, he basically told me that I should have brought this to their attention, "you should have opened your savings statement", I stated, that it was their responisibility to ensure that this sort of thing did not happen to their customers. He stated that he would remove 3 additional months worth of charges. Please keep in mind I have been charged $3-$5 a month since at least December 2007. When I asked to speak with his manager, he would not give me his name initially. I continued to request this and finally he gave me the manager's name. Although I could not obtain contact information for this "manager", he stated that he would have him contact me. Of course he would not give me a time period in which this would occur. Needless to say, I spent almost 3 hours on the phone today. For a little under$200 BOA would have maintained me as a customer. However, as a matter of principle, I am now on a mission to ensure this "oversight", does not happen to anyone else. Imagine how many other customers are having their money stolen by BOA.

Wed Aug 12, 08:26:00 PM PDT  
Blogger oakleyses said...

chanel handbags, christian louboutin uk, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, kate spade outlet, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, nike air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry handbags, tiffany jewelry, polo outlet, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike outlet, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, burberry outlet, replica watches, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, nike free, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, louis vuitton, christian louboutin shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton outlet

Tue Mar 08, 06:52:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want to shear a life changing story with everyone who cares to read this testimony. Blank atm cards are real and are effective all over the world. my name is Gorge Judy i live in SPAIN . I got this card from [skylink technology] a month ago. this card has really help me pay my debts and now i am free from all financial problems. I no this is hard to believe , but i never knew there was this kind of card until i got one. This card withdraw more than €6000 daily and it is very easy to use. But you have to be very careful in other not to be caught by the police because it is illegal. If you want more information on this card and how to get one just contact the hackers by this address
skylinktechnes@yahoo.com or whatsapp +1(213)328–0248

Fri Nov 08, 02:59:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home